Best-in-Class Payload* and Class-Defining Pickup Box
Reducing weight is an effective way to increase payload. And that's what we've achieved with our next-generation Ford F-150 - by up to 700 pounds. Greater strength with less weight achieves a 3,270-lb. maximum payload rating that is best in class.* Even the F-150 powered by the 2.7L EcoBoost® V6 can haul up to 2,210 lbs. when properly equipped. The F-150 also features a work-minded pickup bed that can carry all that payload, with available features such as:
- Flexible, configurable class-exclusive BoxLink™ system
- LED Box Lights
- Stowable Loading Ramps
- Class-exclusive** Integrated Tailgate Step with Lift Assist
- Class-exclusive** Remote Tailgate Release
- Deployable Box Side Steps, available on all cab configurations including the SuperCrew® with 5.5-ft. box.
With the flexible, configurable BoxLink™ system, we've taken the conventional pickup box and reshaped it to be more usable, so you can work more easily and be more productive.
- The structurally reinforced box sides allow you to attach and tie down various kinds of cargo
- The four interface plates can be configured to accommodate many available Ford and aftermarket accessories (including E-Track) - aftermarket storage bins, dividers, stowable loading ramps and many others
- The four lockable, removable cleats can handle the same loads as the hard-attached interface cleats in the pickup box (275 lbs. across; 600 lbs. diagonally), providing additional locations to tie down the cargo you're carrying safely and securely
Shifting into four-wheel drive is as easy as turning a dial with the standard electronic shift-on-the-fly (ESOF) system. ESOF lets you choose two four-wheel-drive modes (4x4 low or high) as well as two-wheel-drive. LARIAT, King Ranch® and Platinum models also include automatic 4WD mode.
The FX4 Off-Road Package is optional on F-150 4x4s and contains everything for the off-road enthusiast:
- Electronic-locking rear differential, when engaged, locks the rear axle completely to provide enhanced traction at both rear wheels
- Hill Descent Control,™ when activated, applies brake pressure as needed, enabling you to descend grades at a controlled speed of up to 20 miles per hour
- Off-road tuned shock absorbers, plus skid plates help protect the fuel tank, transfer case and front differential
- A 4x4 "FX4 Off-Road" decal on the pickup box is also included
What's more, the F-150 offers the available class-exclusive* 360-Degree Camera with Split-View Display that's helpful when you're maneuvering in tight spaces or on off-road trails.Electronic-Locking Rear Differential
The electronic-locking rear differential, when engaged, locks the rear axle completely to enhance traction at both rear wheels at the same time. The electronic-locking rear differential, fully integrated with standard AdvanceTrac® with RSC®, delivers excellent traction when traveling on- or off-road.360-Degree Camera with Split-View Display
The available class-exclusive* 360-Degree Camera with Split-View Display uses four cameras - one in the grille, tailgate, and under each of the sideview mirrors. The system enables you to see all sides of the truck by stitching the images together and displaying them on a center stack screen. It's useful when maneuvering in tight spaces or on trails. Enhancing the 360-Degree Camera is the available Dynamic Hitch Assist feature that provides a line-of-sight guide to help direct your hitch ball to the trailer receiver.
CNG/Propane Gaseous Engine Prep Package (5.0L V8)
Compressed natural gas (CNG) and propane autogas are becoming popular choices for those looking to help cut fuel costs and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. That's why the 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 offers the CNG/Propane Gaseous Engine Prep Package.* Included are hardened engine intake valves and valve seats for gaseous fuel systems. This option enables you to choose between alternative fuel or gas at the flip of a switch.
Redefining how your truck works for you.